Why Loughborough University London?
Loughborough University London is an inspiring postgraduate campus based on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Established exclusively for postgraduate study, the campus combines influential thought leaders,
Loughborough University is a truly global institution with a strong commitment to providing an international learning experience for all students. The university has a long history of welcoming international students to the UK. Students from more than 50 countries undertake postgraduate programmes at Loughborough University London, representing approximately 800 international students. In total, more than 1,500 students study at Loughborough. The International Office has a team of specialist staff dedicated to supporting students from across the world. Every year, the office visits more than 30 countries to meet with prospective students and their families. Loughborough University works with study-abroad advisors and overseas representatives in a range of countries who can provide students with information about the University as well as assistance with applications, entry requirements and visa procedures. All applicants must have an acceptable English Language qualification before they can be admitted to any of the programmes, whether their first language is English or not. Pre-sessional English language courses are available if needed. There are several options available which enable international students to work both during and after their studies. Our Careers Network offers extensive free support to international students in finding employment opportunities both on and off campus. Loughborough University London offers a range of scholarships and bursaries each academic year. The university’s ambition is to inspire high achieving students from all backgrounds, to benefit from our outstanding teaching and cutting-edge research facilities. Loughborough University is pleased to offer postgraduate taught scholarships for UK, EU and International students, funded by the Santander Universities scheme.
- University of the Year, The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2019
- Ranked first in the Times Higher Education (THE) Student Experience Survey for the Best Student Experience 2018
- University of the Year, Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2018
- Ranked in the top ten of every national university league table for 2018
- Number one in the world for sports subjects, according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017 and 2018
- Ranked sixth in the UK in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- Rated ‘Gold’ in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017, one of only six top ten UK Universities to achieve this status
- Loughborough University in London is based on the Olympic Park within the Here East development, with the most advanced digital infrastructure in Europe
- The area is a hub for the creative, new media and digital industries and is home to more artists, creators and makers than anywhere else in Europe
- Guest speakers from Cisco, BT Sport, McLaren, Rolls Royce, Sport England, Pavegen, and many more planned from across industry
- Located next to Europe’s largest urban shopping and leisure centre, Westfield Stratford City